Tender chicken and shrimp make a flavorful combination that's easy to prepare, yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. While I clean the house, it practically cooks itself. I serve it over hot cooked rice with crusty bread and a green salad. —Diana Knight Reno, Nevada
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the chicken pieces. In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Transfer to an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomato sauce, wine, garlic and basil; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken and Shrimp in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review