Marjoram, thyme, rosemary and sage make this main dish taste like Thanksgiving. Your family will love the crunchy surprise of chopped walnuts. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and onion; saute until tender.
- Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2001
Reviews forHerbed Chicken and Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"Enjoyed it a lot but thought it was a little bland so we added some soy sauce and it was just what it needed. We all had seconds."
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011 Edited Nov. 7, 2014