- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and onion; saute until tender.
- Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
"I agree that this dish was bland, but I might make it again and try replacing the water with chicken broth, and I would also increase the chicken to 1 pound. The dish seemed too much like a side dish instead of a main dish."
"Enjoyed it a lot but thought it was a little bland so we added some soy sauce and it was just what it needed. We all had seconds."