Herbed Chicken & Spinach Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in spinach; cook 30 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups with 1 tablespoon cheese: 331 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken & Spinach Soup
"A delicious, well rounded, heart-warming soup! I'll make again for my friends next week."