Herbed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
Meet the Cook: My recipe's a good one for when you want a little fancier salad dish but one that's still quick to fix. I find it's especially popular served with grilled steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I came across Herbed Cherry Tomatoes when I was a new bride searching for interesting ways that I could cook for my husband. Jerry and I now have a pair of daughters, ages 16 and 10. -Dianne Bahn, Yankton, South Dakota
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Place tomatoes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Pour over tomatoes.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 56 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC