Meet the Cook: My recipe's a good one for when you want a little fancier salad dish but one that's still quick to fix. I find it's especially popular served with grilled steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I came across Herbed Cherry Tomatoes when I was a new bride searching for interesting ways that I could cook for my husband. Jerry and I now have a pair of daughters, ages 16 and 10. -Dianne Bahn, Yankton, South Dakota
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cherry Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1996, p29
Reviews forHerbed Cherry Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"I have lots of tomatoes and this was a tasty way to use a bunch of them. I used Italian seasoning instead of the various herbs and skipped the salt altogether."