Herbed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
Meet the Cook: My recipe's a good one for when you want a little fancier salad dish but one that's still quick to fix. I find it's especially popular served with grilled steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I came across Herbed Cherry Tomatoes when I was a new bride searching for interesting ways that I could cook for my husband. Jerry and I now have a pair of daughters, ages 16 and 10. -Dianne Bahn, Yankton, South Dakota
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cherry Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1996, p29
Reviews for Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
I have lots of tomatoes and this was a tasty way to use a bunch of them. I used Italian seasoning instead of the various herbs and skipped the salt altogether.