Herbed Cheesy Veggie Dip Recipe
A variety of herbs sparks the flavor of this creamy mixture, which is great for dipping fresh veggies of all kins. "Even with low-fat ingredients, this tempting dip tastes terrific," relates Tracy Morgan of Louisville, Tennessee.
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Green and sweet red pepper strips or raw vegetables of you choice
- Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups dip.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Dip in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p53
Reviews for Herbed Cheesy Veggie Dip(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
This comes together very quickly. It's great as a vegetable dip but it's equally good spread in celery sicks or on bagels.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Dip >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cottage Cheese Dip >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >