A variety of herbs sparks the flavor of this creamy mixture, which is great for dipping fresh veggies of all kins. "Even with low-fat ingredients, this tempting dip tastes terrific," relates Tracy Morgan of Louisville, Tennessee.
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Green and sweet red pepper strips or raw vegetables of you choice
- Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups dip.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Dip in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p53
Reviews for Herbed Cheesy Veggie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"This comes together very quickly. It's great as a vegetable dip but it's equally good spread in celery sicks or on bagels."