- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, tarragon and oregano or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, tarragon and oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, pepperoni, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper sauce. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool l hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Cheesecake Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review