Herbed Cheese Wafers Recipe
These bite-sized snacks are rich, buttery and full of flavor. You can either serve them alone or for dipping.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large, bowl, beat butter, cheeses, tarragon, oregano and garlic until well mixed. Beat in flour (the dough will be crumbly). Shape into a 14-in. roll. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 138 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Cheese Wafers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC