Herbed Cheese Wafers
These bite-sized snacks are rich, buttery and full of flavor. You can either serve them alone or for dipping.Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large, bowl, beat butter, cheeses, tarragon, oregano and garlic
- until well mixed. Beat in flour (the dough will be crumbly). Shape
- into a 14-in. roll. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for
- 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.