Herbed Cheese Sticks Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Mix pizza dough according to package directions, adding garlic powder to dry mix. Cover; let rest 5 minutes.
- 2. Knead dough 4-5 times or until easy to handle. On a greased baking sheet, press dough into an 8-in. square. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut in half; cut each half crosswise into eight strips. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 cheese sticks.
1 cheese stick (calculated without pizza sauce) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Cheese Sticks
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.