Herbed Cheese Sticks
We love the breadsticks we get at our local pizza parlor when they're hot and gooey right from the oven. Now I can get that same wonderful goody, but I never have to leave the house. —Heather Bates, Athens, Maine
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix pizza dough according to package
- directions, adding garlic powder to dry mix. Cover; let rest 5
- Knead dough 4-5 times or until easy to handle. On a greased baking
- sheet, press dough into an 8-in. square. Brush top with oil;
- sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut in half; cut
- each half crosswise into eight strips. Serve with pizza sauce.
- Yield: 16 cheese sticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cheese stick (calculated without pizza sauce) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon