Herbed Cheese Dip
A variety of herbs sparks the flavor of this creamy mixture, which is great for dipping fresh veggies of all kins. "Even with low-fat ingredients, this tempting dip tastes terrific," relates Tracy Morgan of Louisville, Tennessee.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Green and sweet red pepper strips or raw vegetables of you choice
- Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire
- sauce, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dip) equals 53 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.