Herbed Cheese Crackers Recipe
A homeless puppy spreads the true meaning of Christmas in a small town. Cuddle with your children while reading Nicholas Edwards's tale Santa Paws. These bone-shaped crackers are a fantastic treat to go with this book.—
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water just until moist crumbs form.
- 2. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (crackers should be crisp). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
3 crackers: 139 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Cheese Crackers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC