Boursin cheese can be expensive to buy. This homemade version is budget friendly and is fabulous. Your guest won't realize you made it.—Debra Chylik, Valley View, Ohio
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 40 slices snack rye bread
- 1 small seedless cucumber, cut into 40 very thin slices
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) red caviar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, spread 1 tablespoon on each bread slice. Top with a cucumber slice, 1/2 teaspoon green pepper and about 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Canapes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p65
Reviews for Herbed Cheese Canapes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review