Herbed Cheddar Crescents Recipe
Our son won the Champion Dinner Rolls title with this recipe. Cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning are unique additions to the dough. —Rosalie Flanagan, Buchanan, Michigan
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cheese, sugar, yeast, Italian seasoning and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 3. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over crescents. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Cheddar Crescents
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC