Herbed Carrot Salad
We grow about 2,000 acres of carrots on our ranch. My whole family enjoys this colorful vegetable in a variety of recipes, including this refreshing salad.—Bud Mercer, Prosser, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 cups torn romaine
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add the carrots. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; cool
- slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the dill, oregano, thyme,
- lemon juice, oil, sugar and lemon peel. Add carrots and toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve over romaine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.