- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 cups torn romaine
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add the carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the dill, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, oil, sugar and lemon peel. Add carrots and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve over romaine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Carrot Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p65
Reviews for Herbed Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review