Herbed Butter Recipe
The only thing better than homemade bread hot from the oven is a slice of it spread with this zesty butter! "The fresh herbs make a little of this butter go a long way—you'll find you use less but still get great flavor," writes Jill Smith from Irmo, South Carolina. "It's also a wonderful potato topper."
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spread on bread or crackers or use to top baked potatoes. Yield: 1/2 cup.
One serving (1-1/2 teaspoons) equals 20 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC