Herbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 8 cups fresh brussels sprouts (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Trim brussels sprouts and cut an “X” in the core of each. Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, tarragon, marjoram and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with pimientos.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 94 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.