Herbed Broccoli Spears
Our Test Kitchen shows that chopped tomato and a few simple seasonings are all you need to make broccoli a taste sensation for special-occasion suppers.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a skillet, saute the tomato, garlic, onion, salt, basil and
- oregano in oil for 1 minute or until heated through. Drain broccoli;
- top with tomato mixture and stir gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 48 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.