"The original recipe for this bread was printed in the cookbook that came with my bread machine," relates Florence Lowe of Zanesville, Ohio. "I liked it so much, I added some seasonings to produce a loaf similar in flavor to a focaccia bread I like."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.