Herbed Bread Recipe
"The original recipe for this bread was printed in the cookbook that came with my bread machine," relates Florence Lowe of Zanesville, Ohio. "I liked it so much, I added some seasonings to produce a loaf similar in flavor to a focaccia bread I like."
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC