Herbed Bread Twists Recipe
A blend of herbs and a special shape dress up ordinary frozen bread dough in the unbelievably easy recipe.—Deb Stapert, Comstock Park, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with butter mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Fold dough into thirds. Cut widthwise into 24 strips. Twist each strip twice; pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 3. Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC