Herbed Bread Recipe
"The original recipe for this bread was printed in the cookbook that came with my bread machine," relates Florence Lowe of Zanesville, Ohio. "I liked it so much, I added some seasonings to produce a loaf similar in flavor to a focaccia bread I like."
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Herbed Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p59
Reviews for Herbed Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2008
I am looking for a millet bread recipe or other whole grain. can't have yeast or breads made with white flour.