- over medium-high heat, cook steaks in remaining oil for 2 minutes on
- each side. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan;
- top with blue cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in broth and Cognac, scraping
- up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced
- by half. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 376 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.