Herbed Blue Cheese Steaks Recipe
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup Cognac or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, basil, oregano, dill, chives and tarragon; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with salt and remaining pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with blue cheese mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in broth and Cognac, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 376 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Blue Cheese Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.