- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup Cognac or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, basil, oregano, dill, chives and tarragon; set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and remaining pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with blue cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in broth and Cognac, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Blue Cheese Steaks in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Blue Cheese Steaks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >