Herbed Biscuit Knots
Shape these simply seasoned biscuits from Mary Smith of Columbia, Missouri into knots or twists. “They can be baked and then frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat in a 350° oven for 6 to 8 minutes,” Mary says.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion into a 6-in. rope; tie in
- a loose knot. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. In a small
- bowl, combine the oil and seasonings; immediately brush over warm
- biscuits, repeat. Yield: 20 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.