- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in half of the minced garlic. Rub mixture over outside and inside of chicken. Tuck wings under chicken.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Completely cover all sides of an 8- or 9-in. round baking pan with foil. Place a beer-can chicken rack in pan. Remove 1/3 cup beer from can; save for another use. Using a can opener, make additional large holes in top of can. Insert rosemary and remaining garlic into can. Add beer can to rack.
- Place chicken vertically onto rack. Place pan on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°.
- Remove pan from grill; tent chicken with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Carefully remove chicken from rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Beer Can Chicken
Sort By :
Amazing! After heating up the grill, we realized the chicken didn't fit, so we heated up the oven and roasted it. It was absolutely perfect, a definite keeper!
This is delicious!!!
My 9 year couldn't get enough of this and she's never eaten chicken that wasn't breaded.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >