Herbed Beef with Noodles Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped celery leaves, optional
- 1. Cut steak into serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, onion, milk, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with celery leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup noodles equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.