Herbed Beef with Noodles Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped celery leaves, optional
- 1. Cut steak into serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, onion, milk, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with celery leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Herbed Beef with Noodles
"It's an easy recipe however I personally didn't care for the flavor or smell of cream of celery. I will try cream of mushroom."
"I just made this for dinner tonight and it was EXCELLENT! Meat and gravy had a ton of flavor without adding a lot of calories or fat. And made a cheap cut of meat very tender and delicious. Will definitely be making this again. Great comfort food and made the house smell wonderful. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"
"This was great- tender meat and a great flavor!"