Just a handful of ingredients and a sprinkling of spices go into this hearty dish. But although it's very simple, says Roslyn Hurst of Belmont, California, “It's just wonderful and full of subtle and creamy flavors.”
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped celery leaves, optional
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, onion, milk, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with celery leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef with Noodles in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p26
Reviews for Herbed Beef with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review