- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each oregano, savory and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggplant, zucchini, onion, yellow pepper and garlic; cook until tender. Add tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup of cheese, broth and seasonings; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Vegetable Casserole
Sort By :
This was a labor intensive dish, in my opinion, but the results are good.
I salted my eggplant and put it in a strainer for about 45 minutes to draw out some of the bitterness; then I rinsed it well and let it drain.
I cooked the grd beef with the onion and the garlic. I also used 2 cups of cooked rice and no beef broth; it was soupy enough from the veggies. In addition I doubled the cheese.
I knew that I would work with the recipe when I saw it, but I didn't do anything extraordinary.
It is a good way to introduce vegetables to your family, which is why I made it.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >