Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks
"Great recipe! Easy and fast, the meat was juicy, tasty, excellent. Will do it again. Did not change anything, the recipe is perfect as it is."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.