Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks
When winter weather doesn't allow for grilling outdoors, bake your steaks instead! Bread crumbs and seasonings seal in the meat's juices with wonderful results.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both
- sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.