When winter weather doesn't allow for grilling outdoors, bake your steaks instead! Bread crumbs and seasonings seal in the meat's juices with wonderful results. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2013
"Great recipe! Easy and fast, the meat was juicy, tasty, excellent. Will do it again. Did not change anything, the recipe is perfect as it is."
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013