Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
When winter weather doesn't allow for grilling outdoors, bake your steaks instead! Bread crumbs and seasonings seal in the meat's juices with wonderful results.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Rub on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Tenderloin Steaks(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review