Herbed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place tenderloin in a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-hot heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Place beef over the direct heat. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until beef is browned, turning frequently. Move beef to indirect side of the grill. Cover and grill for 20-25 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Tenderloin in Country Extra July 1995, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"We did not fixm on the grill since we were in the middle of a blizzard so we fixed it in the oven and it turned out nice and moist."