- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until
- meat is almost tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in squash and
- tapioca; return to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to
- 1/4-in. thickness. Using a 10-oz. ramekin for a pattern, cut out six
- pastry circles 1 in. larger than the diameter of the ramekin.
- Fill six greased 10-oz. ramekins with beef mixture; top each with a
- pastry circle. Seal pastry to edges of ramekins; cut slits in each
- pastry. If desired, use the pastry scraps to cut out 30 strips.
- Twist strips; place five strips on each ramekin. Pinch edges to
- seal. Combine egg yolk and cream; brush over tops.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until
- golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now