Herbed Beef Rib Roast
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare a roast because it turns out so tender and flavorful. My husband and our six children just love it!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine the garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over entire
- roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Pour
- water, broth and vinegar into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-3/4 to 3 hours, basting frequently
- with pan juices, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.