- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine the garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water, broth and vinegar into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-3/4 to 3 hours, basting frequently with pan juices, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Rib Roast(1)
Sort By :
I just made this for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it! So simple, too! Add this to your "simple but looks and tastes like gourmet" file. The only change I would make is perhaps increasing the broth mixture, as most of it evaporated during the roasting, and I only got to baste the roast once or twice.