Herbed Beef Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomatoes, vinegar, tomato puree, mustard, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Beef Pot Roast(6)
Sort By :
This recipe had a lot of flavor, but I thought the juice was overly greasy.
this is a delicious recipe!!
Served over rice this is a family favorite!
This is our favorite pot roast recipe! So yummy! I serve it with the cooking juices over top of mashed potatoes.
wonderful taste . whole family enjoyed
will be making this one again, putting it
in my Keeper folder thank you
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >