Herbed Beef Barley Soup
Thyme comes through in this colorful soup that's chock-full of tender beef. You can use any combination of vegetables you have on hand," Heidee adds. "Leftovers work especially well."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until vegetables and
- barley are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: 2 cups of cubed cooked beef and 1/2 cup beef broth may be substituted.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 214 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,088 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.