Herbed Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups of cubed cooked beef and 1/2 cup beef broth may be substituted.
1 cup: 214 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.