Thyme comes through in this colorful soup that's chock-full of tender beef. You can use any combination of vegetables you have on hand," Heidee adds. "Leftovers work especially well."
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Beef Barley Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p14
Reviews for Herbed Beef Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review