Herbed Beans and Carrots Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Place the beans and carrots in a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Add water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the butter and seasonings. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 63 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Herbed Beans and Carrots
"This was ok. However, if I make it again I will use the stovetop instead of the microwave. I didn't like the texture of the beans cooked this way, but the herb mixture was delicious."