Herbed Beans and Carrots
A tasty blend of seasonings accents the fresh flavor of this quick, crisp-crunchy side dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place the beans and carrots in a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
- Add water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the butter and seasonings. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.