Herbed Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 159 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Herbed Barbecued Chicken
"Very easy and delicious!"
"Nice, marinade was easy and they grilled to perfection."
"Simple and elegant!"
"This marinade is delicious. The seasoning gives the chicken a little crunch."
"This makes the most fantastic grilled chicken ever!"
"We loved the flavors of this marinade! Grilled pineapple & corn on the cob go really well with this dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.