- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Barbecued Chicken
"I pounded a rather thick breast, used 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, avocado oil and marinated 4-5 hours. Baked at 325 for 25 minutes after baking a russet potato. DH said it was good. It was tender and flavorful."
"Very easy and delicious!"
"Nice, marinade was easy and they grilled to perfection."
"Simple and elegant!"
"This marinade is delicious. The seasoning gives the chicken a little crunch."
"Very yummy marinade. Ended up pan frying my chicken in the marinade as it was to windy to bbq, but can't wait to try it again. Next time though i think i'll halve the rosemary."
"This makes the most fantastic grilled chicken ever!"
"We loved the flavors of this marinade! Grilled pineapple & corn on the cob go really well with this dish."