Garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme help season the marinade for this moist, tender chicken. A friend gave me the recipe years ago and my family never tires of it. —Dawn Sowders of Harrison, Ohio
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Barbecued Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review