Our kitchen is tiny and cramped, so we try to grill simple (but tasty) meals outside as often as possible during the summer months. Dried herbs work as well, but during the summer use fresh herbs for the best taste. —Kelly Evans, Denton, Texas
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1/3 cup vinegar mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes per side. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Balsamic Chicken in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017