Herbed Baked Spinach Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cream and milk. Remove from the heat; stir in 4 tablespoons cheese, bread crumbs, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 163 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Baked Spinach
"I don't like spinach as a rule, but I love this recipe. This is the only way to eat spinach!"
"This is the best spinach recipe I have ever made. I make it for all my holiday dinners. Everyone looks forward to it. It's easy and delicious!"
"This was delicious - my new favourite way to make spinach in the oven. I found the liquid absorbed very quickly, so the second time I made it I added a little more milk to make it creamier."