Herbed Baked Spinach Recipe
Parmesan cheese and garlic liven up this spinach dish, which goes well with met entrees and main-dish casseroles. Sometimes, I use broccoli as a spinach substitute. It's equally delicious.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cream and milk. Remove from the heat; stir in 4 tablespoons cheese, bread crumbs, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC