Herbed Baked Eggs
For a beautiful brunch dish, I serve this egg recipe. It is so quick and simple yet the herbs make it so flavorful.Sandy Szwarc, Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced chives, tarragon and parsley flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the butter and herbs; divide among four 4-oz. baking dishes.
- Place dishes in a large baking pan. Place in a 350° oven for 2-4
- minutes or until butter has melted.
- Break one egg into each dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Top each with 1
- tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 169 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.