Herbed Asparagus Salad Recipe
This salad is a wonderful way to serve fresh-cut asparagus. The tarragon and oregano are a nice surprise in the lemon and oil dressing, and the boiled eggs make a pretty, tasty garnish.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, oregano, tarragon, pepper and garlic. Pour over asparagus; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Place salad greens on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, arrange asparagus over greens. Garnish with egg slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 240 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Asparagus Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC