Basil, rosemary and thyme make for a fresh and flavorful combination in this easy and elegant side dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep
- In the same skillet, saute garlic and seasonings in oil until tender.
- Add the asparagus, red peppers and walnuts; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 66 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.