Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set aside. Drain artichokes, reserving 3/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, parsley, basil, garlic, oregano and pepper flakes in oil for 4-5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the reserved tomatoes, tomato juice and artichoke liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture. Stir in the olives, salt and reserved artichokes; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini(24)
Sort By :
This was fantastic!
This recipe was GREAT! I also used grated Parmesan cheese and it tasted fine. Even my husband (who thinks any meal without meat can't be considered dinner) loved this! Thanks for a great Meatless Monday recipe!
I forgot to mention in my first review that I always use grated parmesan instead of shredded. It's cheaper and melts into the meal.
This recipe is excellent! My 7 year old daughter who doesn't like olives clears her plate. And my husband who is a meat eater through and through loves this recipe! It doesn't reheat well so I cut the recipe in half and usually double the artichokes (2 jars in half the recipe) because the artichokes make it a little meatier.
Delicious, amazing, easy, and fast! Even my husband who doesn't like artichokes, loved this recipe. I was looking for an easy pasta recipe that was outside of what I typically make. This was perfect--adding it to my regularly used recipe collection!
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >