- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set aside. Drain artichokes, reserving 3/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, parsley, basil, garlic, oregano and pepper flakes in oil for 4-5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the reserved tomatoes, tomato juice and artichoke liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture. Stir in the olives, salt and reserved artichokes; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"This is one of my favorites, I love anything artichoke and this hit the spot"
"Fresh looking and tasting, but a little bland. I put sliced Italian Sausage on it though, and that was excellent."
"Yum! I added some thawed & drained spinach for an easy one dish meal!"
"Absolutely fabulous!! The only change I made was that I used a large can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I didn't have them on hand. I also used grated Parmesan instead of shredded. Will most definitely make again."
"This was fantastic!"