- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider, divided
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 large Cortland or other apples, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup cider, rosemary and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook 13-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 4 minutes. Stir in parsnip and remaining cider; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add apples, sage, salt, thyme and remaining pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until apples are slightly softened.
- Remove rosemary from cider reduction. Serve drizzled over vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Apple & Vegetable Saute in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Herbed Apple & Vegetable Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review